Friday, July 16, 2010

Second step part 2

I was laying there trying to open my eyes. I rubbed my hands on my sides and felt the drain tube. I couldn't believe I was done with surgery. I kept trying to open my eyes. I finally saw a clock and time had past by me. Once I was good and awake they ask if I hurt. Yes I was hurting some. She gave me something in IV. I finally got to go to a room. I was in room 516. I wasn't in there no time when in come Jeff, my Mom, Mamaw, and two aunts came in the room . I was very sleepy and glad to be done. The nurse and cna were great that night. They brought me drinks and helped to bathroom. They were very nice and helpful. It was hard to move around because my chest on left side was very tight, heavy and burning at times. I had to ask for pain med a few times. They gave me liquid diet which was very nasty. I did have a pop sicle and jell-o. The broth soup was gross. I ask for real food. I finally got some mashed potatoes and meat which was really great. Then at 9 PM I ask for pizza but my nurse said "no" due to me having anesthesia. So I ask for a ham sandwich and chocolate pudding. It was great but the pudding didn't get there to later on that night. So I ask my husband to bring our candy bars up cause I needed chocolate now. He did and I ate one before they came back with the pudding.
I slept far that night. I got my husband up twice to go to bathroom. I hate having to wake him up but he wanted to help and I love having him help me out. My husband and I went for two walks in the hallways. I was tired of staying in the bed. It was nice.
Next day was good. I had to have pain med 2 times. My mom, mamaw and aunt came up so my husband could go home and get the kids. A breast cancer friend came by to see me. I had only talked to her on the phone so it was a reall treat to finally to get to see her. She is so sweet and helpful.
The kids came and were glad to see me. I was glad to get to see them too. They stayed until I got to go home late that night about 7:30pm. I was so ready. PS released me.
Our dog was so happy to see me. He never left my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment