Labels

Friday, July 16, 2010

The beginning

My sister found out she had breast cancer at the age of 33 last year Aug. 2009. I found a lump but thought maybe it was my ribs because I have small breast. I went to doctor in Last part of May. I went for MMG on May 26. They found the lump on my left breast. So I had to go again to get a magnified MMG on left side. It doesn't really hurt to have these done just uncomfortable. My husband went with me on second MMG. He was upset because I hadn't said anything about lump. He had been trying to get blood pressure under control so I didn't want to say anything. I was hoping it wasn't one. I went to General surgeon in June 10th. Now the process starts. He believes it is cancer. He wants to do biopsy. June 14 biospy done at Harriman Hosp. June 17th Doctor tells us it is beast cancer. The lump is .7cm Invasive Ductual Carcinoma cancer. It is slow growing and doesn't seem to be anywhere else in my breast or lymph nodes but will take them out when we do the mastecomy. could cut it out but not much breast left and may not get all of it first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment