Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Got Port

Well, I got my port put in yesterday. I was at RMC hospital at 8:30 am and didn't leave until 2:00pm.
I got registered then went to a room on the 2nd floor. They check BP, temp, and put in IV. I had to pee in a cup to check if I was pregnant since my tubes aren't tied. Then we waited and waited. Jeff was with me. I worked on Sudoku and watched TV. The gown they gave me to wear was light purple my favorite shade. Of course, I thought she said to put it with  the front open and Jeff said no it opens in the back. He was right. Ha Ha! I finally got to got to back and He kissed good bye then went to waiting area. I went back and answered more questions. They put Oxygen on me and of coarse I had a surgery hat on my head. They put more blankets on due to it being freezing temperatures in that room. Then they put demoral and relaxing meds in IV. I wasn't get sleepy yet. Dr came in to sign papers and I ask him "are you well rested?" he said yes and kinda of shook his head. I finally got sleepy and next thing I know I am back in that room again. I thought I never left. I reached up and felt my port on my right side. They took an X-ray right there in the recovery room while I laid in bed. Cool!
I went back to the room and Jeff came in not far behind me. I felt fine. They ask me what I wanted to eat which wasn't much to choose from but I chose banana nut muffin and orange juice. I know what a combo. It was really good. Then once they got the X-ray report back I got to leave. Jeff & I went to get some Krystals cause we were both starved. It was 2:30 pm when we finally got to grab a bit to eat.
Got home and waited for kids to get off the school bus.
I couldn't sleep on my side because it hurt. So, I had to sleep on my back. I hate that too. I couldn't go to work because I can't drive for 24 hrs. Plus it might be hard to work with the little kids.
Tomorrow is the Eco gram of heart and then rad. doctor. Busy days!
Well, this is getting closer to being done. I have to keep focused on just one step at a time. I am holding up pretty good so far. I am nervous but not real bad. Our preacher and a man who has cancer came by and checked on me. Before they left we prayed together. It's great to have people praying for me and my family. We are all doing great so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment