Labels

Friday, October 28, 2011

Susan G Komen Walk

It was great. We got there about 7:30 am. I got to sign t-shirt and got a pink hat with a pink ribbon to put on it. I got to set with other survivors. Jeff & kids took pictures of me with the group. We walked around to many tents. Got a few free gifts like scarf, pens, and more. We bought bracelets and Carl got a hat.
We did the Family walk which started at 9 am. Ronald Mcdonal started the race. We walked a mile. I loved it. Over 13,000 people were at the walk/run this year. It was tear breaking to see just how many are touched by this desease. At the end the survivors go to one side were we are greeted by Mike Witcher from channel 10 news and mens basketball team who gave out pink carnations.
It was a great adventure. Im glad my family was there with me. It was special to me and meant more to me than anyone could ever know. I thank God for my husband and kids.
I do want to thank all those who continue to pray from me and my family. Your prayers are felt daily. Thanks for all your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment